Everyone, meet Matt.
I was lucky enough to have Matt come into my life only 5 months ago but it’s been a glorious 5 months. Matt (who loves bad bitches, that’s his f*** problem), dresses better than I do a solid 99.3% of the time and has more sass in his pinky finger than I have in my entire body. His squad is also hot AF…he’s basically the Taylor Swift of our friend group (and in case any of you are wondering, I’ve been dubbed Cara Delevingne, which I’m totally cool with cause duh).
For reference: Taylor Swift’s Squad
Aside from the fact that I take a blow to my ego every time I try to dress as nicely as he does, Matt has taught me a lot about being comfortable in my own skin while still slayin’ the game.
So, without further adieu: What I’ve Learned:
- Know your angles (For examples please reference the Kardashians).
- There are no limits (literally none…It’s basically all in your head if you think you can’t accomplish something).
- Confidence is key (See Also: fake it until you make it; rock what you’ve got).
- Live every second of every day and make the most of every situation.
- Be you; be unapologetic. “Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss
- Gay men get way more action than any straight person you’ll ever meet. This isn’t relevant at all. I just thought it was a fun fact.
- Be proactive.
- Be resilient. If you want something, go for it.
- Retail therapy is a very real thing…but be smart about it.
- The smallest details make the biggest difference (if you’re big into Instagram, this is especially important when it comes to contrast and saturation).
- Subtlety can be the most bold statement you make, with an outfit or in life (Please reference Miranda Priestly).
- It’s not who you’re wearing, it’s how you wear it.
- Everyone is obsessed with #gains (also irrelevant but I found it fascinating).
- People respect a little sass. If they don’t, then they can’t sit with us.
- There is a fine line between sassy and bitchy. Learn that line. Respect that line.
- At the end of the day, you’ll be loved for who you are, no matter what.
*Matt pre-read and approved every thing about this blog post before it was posted.