So Thanksgiving has come and gone. I pray that you’re all happy, healthy and full as ever. I know this post may be overdue but I was recovering from my food coma…and writing a 20-page paper (sup finals week?).
Let’s get right down to it. What I wore for Thanksgiving and some post-Thanksgiving workouts to get your metabolism moving.
(Also, special appearance from dad-o).
What I Wore:
- Talbots 100% Pima Cotton Grayish Green Bunched Neckline Top Blouse XS
This shirt is a couple of years old. My father got it for me for Christmas one year and I’ve loved it ever since. I did some searching and I actually found my exact shirt for sale on eBay. I don’t even use eBay so this was sort of awesome that I could find it. If you’re interested, here’s the link:
- Skirt: The Limited. It’s just a standard white skirt with a pattern…nothing too special but it’s one of my favorite pieces to wear because it goes with everything.
- Vince Camuto VC Signature Aliah Loafer in Tawny. I got them from Rue La La but I also found them on sale on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Vince-Camuto-Signature-ALIAH-LOAFER/dp/B00NPCPTWE
- Nail Polish: OPI “Funky Dunkey”
- Tory Burch Bag: Gloria Suede Crossbody Clutch Bag. You can find this bag on eBay, Lyst, Neiman Marcus, and Cusp. The purple is sold out but I believe red and blue may still be available.
- Rings: one is from my boyfriend and the other is from my mom so I have no idea where they’re from (sorry!)
- Bracelets: Also from my boyfriend and http://mylokai.com/
- Watch: Michael Kors. I got this watch as my 20th birthday gift and I love it so much. Probably my favorite gift of all time. http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Kors-Watches-Parker-Tortoise/dp/B009DFSTF6/ref=sr_1_24?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1417538014&sr=1-24&keywords=michael+kors+chronograph
- I also always have three hair ties on my right wrist. This isn’t important at all but I wanted to add it.
As mentioned previously, my workout is usually boxing. I just recently tried muay Thai…I even have the bruises on my feet to prove it. But don’t worry, I’m not going to give you those types of workouts just yet. I wouldn’t even know how to begin.
So let me begin with something simpler: the treadmill and light weight. My suggestion is to go for a run on the treadmill or outside (even though it’s cold) to get your metabolism going. If you like to run, then I suggest making running the majority of your workout. If you hate running, like I do (with a passion), then I suggest using your run as a quick warm-up and then focusing on weights.
Some quick and easy workouts you can do to help tone your body. Fun fact: lifting weight burns more calories than running. Just make sure that you stretch both before AND after and take care of your body. I always like to have a protein shake after I lift because it tastes amazing and helps rebuild my muscles. I’ll tell you what I put in my protein shakes another day.
Here’s a quick full-body workout.
Unfortunately I took videos for this post and they didn’t upload so for those exercises that don’t have a picture, I’m trying to find something to replace them.
Squats are tricky because if you’re not doing them correctly, chances are that you might think you are.
Some important things to remember:
- stay in your heels so you don’t rock forward
- ass to grass (or glutes to boots)
- make sure you’re either looking up or straight ahead
- Keep your legs parallel
Dead-lifts (straight leg vs. bent leg)
Straight Leg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzRX3slWjE
Bent Leg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Q3nelBXEQ
5-minute abs (see “Preparing for Thanksgiving” post)
Around the world
Push-ups and tri-push-ups
The only difference is the shape of my hands.