It’s 1:38 a.m. on a Thursday. Well, I guess now it’s Friday. Basically what I’m trying to say is that I’m not asleep. And I love sleep. I look forward to sleep.
My normal bedtime, depending on how busy my day is (and it’s usually very busy) is around 10:45-11 p.m. I have silent hours set on my phone from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m…meaning my phone is basically off even though it’s still on. There are some days, and even some nights, that require so much out of me that sometimes I fear I will need a caffeine-laced IV. But okay, enough of my complaining.
If you haven’t already gathered, I love coffee. I’m sure you probably figured that out based on the fact that I have a tab above dedicated to Starbucks but in case you didn’t know, now you do.
So here are my reasons for having an espresso maker in my room (vs. the kitchen):
1. The kitchen is a far walk when you’ve only been awake for probably less than five minutes.
2. It’s one of the first things I see when I wake up, so I don’t forget to get my caffeine intake for the morning.
3. My espresso maker is a little on the louder side. So when I have to work late into the night (like tonight), I don’t wake up my roommates.
4. It just looks so much cuter in my room vs. my kitchen. I don’t know.
I just like it better. I feel like it fits.
5. I’m more likely to take care of/clean it (you’re welcome, dad). Out of sight, out of mind. In sight, in mind. Problem solved.
6. Casually sipping on espresso is relaxing. If I can casually sip on espresso in my bed while I’m watching an SVU marathon, even better.
7. So my roommate’s cat doesn’t break it because he’s awful and he totally would if he got the chance.
8. Surprisingly, I do not have a mini fridge in my room. I should really get one. Honestly, what am I doing? Why don’t I have a mini fridge? Having an espresso machine fills that void a little bit.
9. I don’t have a 9th reason right now. It’s 2:15 a.m. and I’m getting delusional. I’ll look at this tomorrow and see if any of this actually made sense.
One day I’ll give you all a video tour of my room in my apartment. It’s very different than my room at home. The lighting is just very difficult to work with so it might be a while, especially since we’ve been getting all of these gloomy days.